About Me

My photo
I own Mosaic, a home furnishings boutique in Jackson, Ms in the historical Fondren district. Check in to see what design projects I'm working on at the moment, new pieces arriving in the shop weekly... or just whatever art/design/fashion related subjects come to mind!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pattern Play

I've been thinking lately... Can you have too much pattern in a room?
Does your sofa HAVE to be beige (with pops of colors in the pillows, (without being too crazy, of course)?
So when it comes to upholstery, how much is too much?!

When chosing fabrics for furniture pieces, one must consider the frame of the piece in proportion to the fabrics print. Be sure that the pattern isn't confused by tufting or pleats. If a large pattern is used, the frame should be simple.

I love great colors, and prints for fabric choices! I say more is more! Keep your drapery simple and your lamps cool.

Here are some of my favorite prints from our in store furniture line, C.R. Laine.
http://www.crlaine.com/



I am dying to put this Duquette Melon fabric on a pair of chairs.
Honeysuckle is color of the year btw!


Stilwell Honeydew


We have this coming in an ottoman, SO fresh for spring!



Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment